CONFERENCE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
“Big Data Technology Warsaw Summit 2019”, 27 February, 2019 Conference Terms and Conditions
- 1. GENERAL PROVISIONS
- These Terms and Conditions (T&C) are in force as of 1 December 2018.
- The terms used in these T&C shall mean:
a) Fee – the fee for Conference participation according to §4 of the T&C,
b) Personal data – the data that allow identifying a natural person,
c) Conference – the “ Big Data Technology Warsaw Summit 2019” conference organised on 27 February 2019 in Warsaw (Hotel Marriott, AL. JEROZOLIMSKIE 65/79, 00-697 WARSAW) on terms and conditions defined in the Terms and Conditions,
d) Buyer – the entity to which the invoice for the participation of a Conference Participant(s) is issued,
e) Notification – an electronic form of notifications concerning the Conference or Conference related events,
f) Organisers: 1.Evention sp. z o.o., ul. Rondo ONZ 1, 00-124 Warsaw, phone +48 22 535-30-33, lp.no1550677047itnev1550677047e@tka1550677047tnok1550677047, REGON: 146871262, NIP: 5252564839, registered under the KRS number: 0000483800 with the Register of Entrepreneurs kept by the Regional Court for the Capital City of Warsaw, 8th Commercial Division of the National Court Register, share capital: PLN 5 000 (paid in full). 2. GetinData Adam Kawa Piotr Krewski s.c., ul. A. Grottgera 15/1, 00-785 Warszawa, +48 663-422-641, moc.a1550677047tadni1550677047teg@o1550677047fni1550677047, REGON: 360287356, NIP: 5252603485.
- g) Third party – a natural person, legal person or an organisational entity without legal personality in the meaning of the Polish law, other than the Organiser, Participant and/or Buyer,
i) Terms and Conditions (T&C) – this document, defining the conference terms and conditions and defining the rights and obligation of the Organiser and Participant,
j) Registration – an action performed to register a Participant to take part in the Conference,
k) Force Majeure – an external occurrence that could not have been anticipated, of incidental or natural nature, such as fire, explosion, power outage, earthquake, flood, cloudburst, riots, acts by civilian or military authorities, war, acts of terrorism (including cyber attacks),
l) Participant/you – the natural person who has entered into the Agreement with the Organiser in relation to the business activity conducted or profession exercised by them,
m) Agreement – agreement on participation and conducting the Conference entered into by and between the Participant and the Organiser upon confirmation of the registration, on terms and conditions defined in these T&C.
- 2. TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
Registration and browsing the Conference website requires an Internet connection. An Internet-enabled device should be used.
- 3. REGISTRATION
- Registration may be performed exclusively by filling out the form available at the following URL: https://bigdatatechwarsaw.eu/registration-2019/
2. In the event a Participant registers an additional person, the Organiser shall contact that person to fulfil the information obligation concerning obtaining personal data not directly from the data subject and to obtain a confirmation of participation in the Conference and expression of consent for the performance of the Agreement with respect to that person on Terms and Conditions. The condition for participation in the Conference by the person concerned is to personally read and approve the provisions of the Terms and Conditions.
- 4. FEE FOR PARTICIPATION
- The participation in the Conference is on a paid basis; however, the Organiser admits the possibility of “VIP” participation for selected persons who have received personal invitations.
2. Terms and Conditions of participation, fees or discounts are defined upon submission at the Registration stage.
3. The cost of participation may be reduced in case of utilisation of a promotional code according to the terms and conditions of its assignment defined in the terms and conditions of participation. Participants in previous conferences who have given their consent to receiving commercial information from the Organiser and the Partners may use a discount offered by telephone and use the discount code.
The fee for companies representing the IT sector is fixed and defined upon submission at the Registration stage.
4. The fee includes participation in the conference, conference materials and meals.
5. The fee does not include the cost of travel and lodging unless the Organiser has clearly indicated this in the terms and conditions of participation. The Price shall be increased with the VAT at 23%. If an entity is exempt from VAT they should send the Organiser a relevant statement not later than 7 days before the date of the Conference.
6. Group submissions are rewarded. If two or more persons wish to attend, please contact us.
7. In the case of additional enquiries please contact the person(s) indicated in the Contact pane on the Registration website.
- 5. TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION IN THE CONFERENCE AND ITS PROGRESS
- The audience includes representatives of various industries, particularly the IT, telecommunication, banking, finance, insurance, energy, media and FMCG sectors.
Technical specialists (data scientists, data analysts, software engineers and system administrators) form the vast majority of our attendees. The conference programme is available at the following URL: https://bigdatatechwarsaw.eu/agenda/. The Conference is organised with the collaboration of the organisations listed under the following URL https://bigdatatechwarsaw.eu/organizers/ and during the conference their promotional materials or information leaflets may be present.
2. The Participants shall not receive Conference Participation Certificates but may obtain the CPE points award certificates.
3. The condition for participation in the Conference is the Registration, reading and approving the provisions of the Terms and Conditions and payment of the Fee on time (not applicable to the participants defined in §4 (1)).
4. Registrations for participation in the Conference shall be accepted until the day before the conference or until the expiry of the pool of available places.
5. Participation in the Conference shall be confirmed by the acceptance of registration by the Organiser. Failure to attend the Conference does waive the Participant’s obligation to pay the participation Fee.
6. The Organiser may refuse participation in the Conference to the Participant who failed to make the payment on time.
7. Payments shall be deemed to be made on time if made within 14 days of issuance and delivery of a pro forma invoice or at the latest on the day before the Conference, and in case the submission is made within 7 days before the Conference, when the payment is made at the latest on the day before the Conference. In particularly justified cases, the Organiser may be contacted to modify this provision in accordance with the terms and conditions approved by the Organiser and the Buyer.
8. Failure to make the payment shall not be deemed equivalent to the resignation from participation in the Conference. A Participant may terminate the Agreement (withdraw from participation) at the latest within 7 days before the Conference by sending a pertinent declaration to the contact person indicated in the terms and conditions of participation at the Registration stage. In such case, the Organiser shall accept the resignation and the Fee paid for participation in the Conference shall be refunded by bank transfer to the bank account used to make the payment.
9. All materials and place shall be prepared and reserved for the Participant.
10. The Participant hereby approves taking photographs, making audio-video recordings and transcripts during the Conference that shall feature the Participant. The Organiser has the right to use the photos/recordings/fragments of transcripts with the likeness of the Participant for marketing and promotional purposes in the context of the Conference. A Participant objecting to publications featuring exclusively his/her likeness in a photo/recording or in a fragment of a transcription is kindly requested to send an email to the email address of the contact person indicated in the terms and conditions of participation at the Registration stage.
11. The Participant shall use true data, that is the data conforming to the factual and legal state, including the personal data she/he is fully entitled to use.
12. The Participant shall take part in the Conference in a manner not resulting in interference or disruption of the progress of the Conference and shall not take any actions that are in violation of the generally applicable law or good manners as well as infringe on personal rights of other Participants or the Buyer, third parties or justified interests of the Organiser or other Participants, the Buyer or third parties.
13. The Organiser may ask the Participants about their general impression and level of satisfaction with the Conference, including its organisation and method of registration. The opinions may be collected in form of questions or short questionnaires available in hard-copy or electronic form.
14. The Organiser may maintain and publish the statistics concerning the Conference.
16. The Organiser has the right to, in his sole discretion, extend the features, functionalities of the Conference. Such changes shall not result in a reduction of the quality of the Conference.
- 6. DATA PROTECTION
- The Organisers are the data controllers.
2. We use the SSL communications encryption protocol.
3. The personal data are processed:
a) in conformance with the legal regulations on personal data protection in force in the Republic of Poland and in the European Union,
c) in scope and for the purpose required to enter into, formulate the text of the Agreement, its amendment or termination and/or proper performance of the Services provided by electronic means,
d) in scope and for the purpose required to fulfil the legitimate interests of the Service Provider, and processing does not infringe on the rights and freedoms of the data subject.
4. Personal data may be processed in scope and for the purpose on basis of consent given by the Participant.
5. Every data subject has the right to access to, rectification, erasure or restrict processing of data, to object, to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
6. More detailed information about data protection is elaborated in Information clause – Consent Terms and Conditions (as part of registration process).
- 7. LIABILITY
- The Organiser shall not be held liable for:
a) incorrect data entered by a Participant,
b) lack of access or limitation of access to the Internet preventing the Registration,
c) lack of Participant’s possibility to travel to the conference (the location information is provided in §1 point 1.c),
d) damages incurred and/or lost benefits by a Participant, Buyer or third parties caused as a result of untrue data provided by the person performing the Registration;
e) damages incurred and/or lost benefits by a Participant, Buyer or third parties caused as a result of actions or omissions by third parties beyond the control of the Organiser,
f) damages incurred and/or lost benefits by a Participant, Buyer or third parties caused as a result of the cancellation of the Conference by the Organiser as a result of an occurrence of Force Majeure (random event beyond the control of the Organiser).
2. Participants attend the Conference at their sole risk and responsibility.
3. The Organiser has no influence whatsoever on the way a Participant shall use the knowledge and skills gained during the Conference.
- 8. COMPLAINTS
- Please submit the complaints as soon as possible after damage occurs. Please provide your data (name, surname, company name) and describe the irregularities in the possible detail (including the time and place of their occurrence). Please e-mail the contact person indicated in the terms and conditions of participation at the Registration stage.
2. Complaints shall be reviewed as soon as possible, however, in no longer than 14 days.
3. The date of a complaint shall be deemed to be the date the complaint notification has reached the Organiser.
- 9. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- The title and programme of the Conference including the website, layout, logos, graphics, photos, audio and video files used for the promotion of the Conference as well as the presentations are the property of the Organiser or third persons (if so designated) and are protected by law.
2. The above designations and materials may not be used without the written permission of the Organiser or a third party being the owner of the rights, and in particular, may not be used in combination with third party products or services in a way that could be misleading to the potential customers of the Organiser or in another way hurt the Organiser. Copying the conference materials and/or recording the Conference as well as disclosing such materials and recordings is illegal and subject to criminal liability pursuant to the Act of 4 February 1994 on the Copyright and related rights.
3. Participants or any third parties shall not remove, cover, impede readability or change the trademarks, copyright notices or other markings concerning the property rights contained in any materials whatsoever concerning the Conference.
- 10. FINAL PROVISIONS
- The Organiser makes these Terms and Conditions available before entry into the Agreement.
2. These Terms and Conditions may also be disclosed in another way upon an individual request by the Participant, Buyer or a third party if there is a problem with displaying or reading the Terms and Conditions. In such cases please contact us.
3. The Organiser reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
4. Every new Terms and Conditions shall be binding upon the persons who have not yet subscribed to the Conference or who have approved the new Terms and Conditions.
5. The Organiser reserves the right to amend the Conference programme and also to cancel the Conference in the event of occurrence of random events beyond the control of the Organiser. In the event of cancellation of the Conference, the relevant information shall be provided to the submitted Participants and the participation fees made shall be refunded by a bank transfer.
6. All matters not dealt with by these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the applicable Polish legal regulations.
7. In case of amendment or waiver of any of the provisions of the Terms and Conditions by a final ruling of the court, its other provisions remain in full power.
8. All disputes arising between Participant and the Organiser shall first be dealt with amicably and then by a court territorially competent for the location of the Organiser’s registered headquarters.
9. The Organiser does not provide for the participation of Consumers in the Conference and in accordance with the terms and conditions of participation, including §4 (1), Participants are not deemed to be Consumers.